Saturday, March 17, 2012

More Miles

Well, it wasn't the reason I learned to drive the Mandalay, but it certainly proved to be helpful when we found ourselves in Florida and needing to be in Arizona, a drive of over 2000 miles, in just five days.  My husband, George, had never complained about being the sole driver, and we typically only took on around 250 miles per day so he was sure to get plenty of rest.


My capability was a huge relief for him as we departed Ocala, Florida on January 13, 2012.  I think I may have actually put on nearly as many miles as George during this journey.  It was a great opportunity for me to get more miles under my belt as we headed west on I-10.  I even drove over the 18-mile bridge in Louisiana with confidence.  I still need practice backing and turning, but feel that I am well on my way!


I learned how tiring driving the motorhome can be, (especially in the wind), and George learned it is not all that easy to fix a sandwich or take a nap while the coach is in motion.

No comments:

Post a Comment